Friday, September 28, 2007

12 weeks

Stats:
12 weeks
Starting weight: 155
Weight: 149.5
Waist @ bellybutton: 31"

Here is my picture at 12 weeks:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is the baby at 12 weeks (face down, shaped like a peanut):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I’ve actually lost a few pounds, which is awesome. No complaints out of me! So I just had a huge scare, but everything is ok. I had my 12 week appointment so I was excited to finally get to hear the heartbeat. My doctor tried for about 5 minutes to find the heartbeat with the Doppler and couldn’t find it! I was really scared and every moment seemed like forever. He told me not to worry and that we would do any ultrasound, but then asked me if I had had any bleeding or cramping, which I hadn’t. So they took me to the ultrasound room and 5 minutes later he came back, but it felt like forever. I prayed the whole time! Then he did the ultrasound and there was the baby…and the heartbeat! The baby was moving all over the place, which is why he probably couldn’t hear the heartbeat. He called the baby a stinker because it would barely hold still for him to take measurements! Ha…it must be a boy. :) The cool thing is that now I have a 12 week souvenir.

So I know that some people name their babies, which I think is kind of cute. I told Rob about it and he thought it was a really dumb idea. :) So I proceeded to try and come up with names and we were talking about the size of the baby and he says 'Kiwi!'. I said 'Kiwi Cline'...I love it. Of course, he wasn't thinking up a name, he was just thinking of the size of the baby. He thinks I'm a total dork for calling our baby Kiwi, but that's it's new name!

No comments: