Tuesday, October 30, 2007

17 weeks

Stats:
17 weeks
Starting weight: 155
Weight: 151
Waist @ Bellybutton: 33
Issues: Ok, I think I'm really having sciatic nerve issues with my back. My lower back was fine for about a week and now it's hurting again. It's like a sharp pain in my very lower back and almost feels like it's going through my butt too! It hurts the most after I've been sitting for awhile and then get up. This sucks.

Here is my belly at 17 weeks:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I'm still in Chicago, and am pretty ready to go home. I just finished reading 'Ina May's Guide to Childbirth' and it was the best book ever! I wish every pregnant woman read it. It has really changed my outlook on labor and childbirth, and I'm really not scared at all (anymore). I had already decided that I was going to try for a natural birth with no drugs and I have always really wanted a water birth. My mom found the Sutter Davis hospital, which is the only hospital in the entire area that offers waterbirths, so I'm really excited. When we move up north, I'll be 6 1/2 months pregnant, so I'll probably be touring the hospital and taking a class as soon as we get up there. The majority of the babies there are delivered by midwives and they offer doulas for free, which is awesome!!

Their website is pretty cool. Check it out at http://sutterdavis.org/services/services_birthingcen.html

So here is my tentative birth plan:
http://jenellzlifeblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-birth-plan.html

So I pretty much sound like one of those anal, crazy moms, but I really don't care what other people think. Don't even get me started on vaccines or disposable diapers. I'll save that for another day.

No comments: