Monday, January 21, 2008

Final Results

So we finally got the final results from our doctor and they were never able to find out what happened. They did genetic and chromosonal testing, an autopsy, testing on the cord and placenta, and lots of bloodwork on me and everything came back completely normal! On one hand it's frustrating because I'll never understand what happened, but on the other hand I am told that since they couldn't find a problem, the chances of this happening again is 3% or less. I guess that should make me feel better, but it really doesn't.

I ordered a necklace with an imprint of Makenna's handprint and her name and date are engraved on the back. I can't wait to get it and I'll post pictures once I have it. I have also decided to get her footprints tattooed on the top of my foot, which I'll probably do in the next month or so.

I have taken 6 weeks off of work, so I'll be going back on Monday the 28th. I'm not really looking forward to going back, but I know it will be good for me to get back into life...The last five weeks have been a rollercoaster, but we are hanging in there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SO this is EXACTLY what happened to me...twice! Both babies were normal, I am perfectly normal, and having no results is devastating! I really have to rely on God for HOPE. I know it is going to come from no where else.
I am so sorry. I know how that feels. I am childless.
Hugs,
Heather